Friday, February 26, 2010

Home Away From Home

While I now accept Michael and I's duplex as our home and I love our "spread" I can't help but love my home away from home. Michael and I got a break from believe this weekend and returned to Oklahoma to spend the weekend with my parents and siblings.

There is just something magical about only living in one house as a child. I know this house, the smells, the creaks and sounds. The air outside smells different and I can't hear cars or trucks driving by...only the animals that are going about their day. It's refreshing and if there was anything I needed right now it's to be refreshed.

I guess I just need to "make a public statement" to honor my parents in raising us under one roof, even though they had to make HUGE sacrifices to do so....I now realize how wonderful that is.

That's all for now but perhaps while I'm being so "refreshed" more thoughts will come.

No comments: