Sunday, June 21, 2009

I got to Know Sweat

Last week I got the pleasant adventure of going out with the Know Sweat team that did a week in Joplin, MO. It was an experience like no other...and HOT. 200 junior high and high school students came together from all over the nation to work on houses right in Joplin, MO and those students WORKED hard! Those students painted, racked, mowed, planted, scraped, nailed, cleaned, washed, roofed. 9 different places in the Joplin area were fixed up, worked on and loved on. Now, I won't lie I didn't actually work on any houses but I did get to do was something that definitely opened my eyes to the work and labor that goes into Know Sweat. I rode in one of the trucks from work site to site making sure each house or location had all the materials it needed to get the job done...and those know sweat don't use AC so it was hot ... but very fun. It was awesome to see the work that went into the program and the attention to details on every house. The interns did great and worked so hard. I think it's going to be an awesome summer for Know Sweat. If you want to know more about know sweat check it out at www.ciy.com/knowsweat

No comments: