Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A great Offense...and confession

I recently offended my husband with a statement that I nonchalantly made the other night. After listening to the song "I am nothing" written by bebo Norman that The Jordan Howerton Band covered on their new album, Live Loud(coming out January 15th!) I just began to cry. Afterwards I told Michael that I think Bebo and I have connected souls (yes, this is the great offense). I am sure that thousands of people are fans of the song and feel very connected to the lyrics ( which was what I was actually trying to say).

My confession, my prayer....the lyrics of the this song.


Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to praise You near enough
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You

**Daily I am reminded that my meager attempts of worship to the one of only God of the universe is simply sad. My strength is weak...my attempt feeble...my heart is eager, my faith is strong, my mind is set but without HIM....what am I, simply put...nothing.

Take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You

**My prayer, my absolute prayer is that somehow God can use my strong headed, awkward, untalented self to glorify His grace, power, beauty, spirit, presence, love, mercy, and compassion (just to name of few).


Chorus:
All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing without You

Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You

All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing
But I love You

With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
With all the strength that I can find

Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth
For I am nothing,
I am nothing without You


** Ecclesiastes 1:2 says,
"Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

There is something amazing about a body of believers, family, friends, strangers singing that they are nothing without Christ. Verbally communicating it to each other, to themselves that without the Creator and Savior of the universe we would be absolutely nothing.

I am a worrier, through and through I worry about everything...but somehow I know that God has something planned for my life that He has not yet revealed to me because I am not yet ready. I don't know what it is but I know I will be rocked and I pray that He will take my time here on this earth and let it glorify all that He is worth...

I know that I am nothing, yet because of Him...

I am a creation of the creator, intricately made and woven....gently molded, often tested and a receiver of grace undeserved.

No comments: